O.P. Jindal launches unique, new courses from 2020
At the core of JGU’s vision and mission is our aspiration to be a role model for excellence in higher education in India and be among the leading universities of the world. Here is a list of new programmes that JGU is offering in 2020:
• B.A.(Hons.) (Political Science)
• B.A.(Hons.) (Social Science and Policy)
• B.A.(Hons.) (Legal Studies)
• M.A. (Economics)
The B.A. (Hons.) in Political Science degree is a three-year under-graduate programme that is dedicated to the study of political evolution of the world we live in. This degree aims to train students in all forms and manifestations of politics including from local, state, national and international levels.
The B.A. (Hons.) in Social Sciences and Policy is a unique and first of its kind interdisciplinary programme in India, which provides the students with a solid grounding in social science theories and their applications.
The B.A. (Hons.) (Legal Studies) aims to nurture legal imagination among young students and build a strong foundation to study law and social sciences in the future or be absorbed into legal & allied fields. This programme will be the first ever multi-disciplinary undergraduate degree in legal studies to be launched in 2020-21 academic year.
The M.A.(Economics)programme fills important gaps in post-graduate Economics courses as they are presently taught in most places in India and abroad.This unique programme will impart knowledge and skills that will be increasingly in demand in the foreseeable future, focusing on excellence in academia, policy teams in corporations, consultancy companies, non-profit organisations, and governments at national, state and local levels.
In addition, here are unique and distinctive multidisciplinary courses offered at O.P. Jindal Global University:
• BA in Built Environment Studies at Jindal School of Art & Architecture
The BA in Built Environment Studies at the Jindal School of Art and Architecture is a unique, three-year design program that is primarily based in a Liberal Arts Context. While this course prepares your architectural design sensibilities, it is geared to help you think and work beyond the confines of a traditional architectural. There are opportunities to visit and intern in firms that work globally in areas of housing, urban development, community design and development, conservation and heritage management, landscape design, sustainable development to develop your own insights into the entire cross of people who work on the Built Environment. You also avail of many exchange opportunities with similar programs in some of the top schools of design globally.
• B.A (Hons.) Global Affairs at Jindal School of International Affairs
The B.A. (Hons.) Global Affairs programme was launched in the Academic Year 2015-16. It has been designed as India’s first ever inter-disciplinary undergraduate degree to train students for international careers through basic learning in world affairs. The B.A. (Hons.) (Global Affairs) is a 3-year programme. It is an on-campus residential, full-time, five-day-a-week degree programme.
• JGU has a student community with over 5000 students from different parts of the country as well a sizable international population. Over fifty percent of our students are given some formof scholarship depending on the merit. Over the next decade, as JGU expands rapidly, our vision, mission and core values will become ever more crucial, in order that our future is created through a mindful recognition of our past, anticipating the neds of future generations; our institutional responsibility to the University’s various stakeholders and neighbouring communities; our commitment to public causes that will advance India’s social and economic development and further nation building.
• Since 2012, 2857 students have earned their degrees from various programmes across JGU. Over eight years, our graduates have gone on to form an alumni community that comprises some of the most talented, driven and committed individuals within their domains of work and study. Our alumni are now spread across every corner of the world and engaged in careers and advanced study in a wide range of disciplines and fields.
As JGU enters its second decade since founding and our institution building activities take on greater rigour, aspiration and depth, our 2857 alumni will play a more crucial role than ever before in representing JGU’s founding values and vision.
The Government of India has recognised JGU as an “Institution of Eminence”. JGU is an initiative of the Jindal Steel & Power Foundation.
V. #BALAMURUGAN #9381811222